- Islamabad, Pakistan
- +92-(0)51- 23 23 281
|Project Duration:||November 2011 to April , 2012( 5 months)|
|Project Location:||(Pakistan, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, five districts of Hazara Division i.e. Mansehra, Abbottabad, Kohistan, Haripur and Batgram)|
|Project Budget:||Total budget: 32000 USD|
National Partner Institutions: Comsats Abbottabad, Aurat Foundation, Asia Foundation
The overall objective of the project was to raise awareness among the local community about women’s rights. And minimize the violation of women’s rights issues.
Women’s rights situation in the province of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa is below the required standards. To contribute to national and international efforts of addressing women’s rights issue, the Gender Equity Program was started by international development partners.
Following outputs contributed to achieve the goal of the project:
- Stakeholders and masses sensitized about women’s rights issues
- Database developed about domestic violence.
Main Objectives and Activities:
• To promote gender equality.
1. Debates about women rights issues
2. Observance of sixteen days of activism
3. Photo and painting exhibition
• To sensitize masses about women’s right.
1. Observance of International Women day and Pakistan Women’s day.
ABKT Ms. Shad Begum, Executive Director, ABKT, Tel: +92-(0)51-210 08 53 Mobile: +92-(0)345- 900 27 68 or E-mail: email@example.com Programme Manager: Mr. Fayyaz Ahmad Tel: +92-(0)51-210 08 53 Mobile: +92 (0)3458583250 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org