- Islamabad, Pakistan
- +92-(0)51- 23 23 281
|Project Duration:||June 2005 to July 2007 (24 months)|
|Project Location:||(Pakistan, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Dir Lower)|
|Project Budget:||Total budget: 32,000 USD|
11 women CBs and 7500 women and children
National Partner Institutions:
Health Department NWFP (now Khyber Pakhtunkhwa), Social Welfare department
Other Partners: District Health Department Lower Dir
Development Partners: Civil Society HID program (CHIP)
The overall objective of the project was to help improve the health services through health education in district Lower Dir. Specific focus of the project was on basic and reproductive health services. Mother and Newborn Health Care Center (MNCH) was established to improve reproductive health services. Formation registration and capacity building of women organizations was an integral part of this project.
Following outputs contributed to achieve the goal of the project:
1. Awareness level of beneficiaries and community about reproductive health raised by 7%.
2. MNCH in place and 50 females per month get reproductive health services.
3. Eleven women led organizations formed and their capacities built
Main Objectives and Activities:
• Health care education imparted to the beneficiaries and community.
1. Health education awareness seminars/ sessions
• Reproductive health services provided
1. Establishment of MNHC in Target area
• Establishment and capacity building of women organizations
1. 11 women organizations established
Capacity building training given to heads and employs of 11 newly established organizations
ABKT Ms. Shad Begum, Executive Director, ABKT, Tel: +92-(0)51-210 08 53 Mobile: +92-(0)345- 900 27 68 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org,