- Islamabad, Pakistan
- +92-(0)51- 23 23 281
|Project Duration:||June 2007 to July 2008 (12 months)|
|Project Location:||(Pakistan, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Dir Lower)|
|Project Budget:||Total budget: 10,000 USD|
National Partner Institutions:
Health Department NWFP (now Khyber Pakhtunkhwa)
Other Partners: District Health Department Lower Dir
Development Partners: Reproductive Health project, Director Health services Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
The main objective of the project was to help improve the health services though health education in district Lower Dir. Specific focus of the project was on basic and reproductive health services. A Mother and Newborn Health Care Center (MNCH) was established to improve reproductive health services.
In remote areas such as Lower Dir health services particularly reproductive health services were not up to the standard.
Following outputs contributed to achieve the goal of the project:
1. Awareness level of beneficiaries and community about reproductive health raised by 7%.
2. 01 MNCH in place and 50 females per month get reproductive health services
Main Objectives and Activities:
• Health care education imparted to the beneficiaries and community.
1. Health education awareness seminars/ sessions
• Reproductive health services provided
1. Establishment of 01 MNHC in Target area
ABKT Ms. Shad Begum, Executive Director, ABKT, Tel: +92-(0)51-210 08 53 Mobile: +92-(0)345- 900 27 68 or E-mail: email@example.com, Address