Job Title: Project Manager
Job Grade: 03
Gender: Male / Female
Reporting to: Program Manager (PM)
Work Station: Abbottabad (Hazara Division), Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
Apply By: October 03, 2014
The Project Manager will
- Fully responsible to accomplish the project objectives and goals through completion of project activities with the help of project team within the project duration as per the pre-planned objectives, outputs and outcomes including organizing project related activities i.e. project launching, organizing sport tournaments/competitions, coordination with the target schools, education departments, school management and other stakeholders at the field level.
- Follow and implement the systems, polices, and SOPs of ABKT for the successful and effective implementation of the project activities in a systematic manner, upon the agreed procedures and team based participatory approach.
- Keep regular coordination with the line departments (especially with the education department) to keep them informed and involved in the project activities.
- Keep the Program Manager and management informed about the project activities and progress and get directives from them for the effective implementation of project activities to achieve the project goals and objectives.
- Develop work plan (weekly, monthly) with the help of project team and follow the plan on regular basis.
- Develop and document of the project progress reports, events reports, mean of verification, and supervise the project team for reporting of the project activities.
- Monitor and supervise the performance of the project team and facilitating the monitoring team for monitoring and evaluation the project activities and ensure implementation on the recommendations given by the monitoring team.
- Facilitate the quarterly progress review meeting at the head office level and sharing of the progress with the organization management as per the hierarchy.
- Keep informed the management and program manager about the security, implementation, quality and conflict related issues to get their feedback for improvement and resolution of the issues.
- Lead, supervise and guide the project team to mobilize the target communities, schools, students, teachers, and education department and prepare them for the project activities. Identification and clustering of the target schools and sports and conducting the sports tournaments/competitions such as inter-school Cricket, Hokey, Athletic, Football andBasket Ball tournament to improve the leadership skills and physical health of the students.
- Resolve all kind of conflict and disputes among the team and field level and report to the higher level if not resolved.
- Perform other duties and tasks at the request of management.
2. Required qualifications & experience:
- Master degree in an area that is related to the project objectives, with a focus on a relevant field (preferably Social Sciences, Development Studies, and or any other related discipline from a reputed university)
- At least 5 - 6 years’ professional experience in a similar position with some managerial responsibilities.
- NGO or international development experience is compulsory
- Experience of project management is essential
- Communications and representational experience is desirable
- English and Local Languages: Fluency oral and written
3. Personal skills:
- Sharing of key humanitarian values
- Analytical approach
- Maturity, management skills and people skills
- Sociable and approachable
- Organizational skills
- Energetic and tenacious
Submit your detailed CV along with the “Employment Application Form 1” and “Employment Application Form 2” available on ABKT website (http://abkt.org/cms/content/172) at firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 6:00 pm, 03 October, 2014.
Please mention position applied for in the subject-line of email.
Local candidates (eligible) of Hazara Division will be given preference.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for test/interview.
No TA/DA is applicable for test/interview.
Note: Women are encouraged to apply. Knowledge of local language and culture is desirable