Job Title: Psychologist
Job Grade: 04
Reporting to: Project Manager (PM)
Work Station: Abbottabad (Hazara Division), Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
Apply By: October 03, 2014
The Psychologist will
- Be responsible to help the students to improve their tolerance level, leadership skills, sportsmanship, and respect for other. He/she will participate and observe the project activities (sport events/competitions) and will facilitate the students for improvement their physical and mental health, and team spirit.
- Work as per the systems, polices, and SOPs of ABKT for the successful and effective role as the social leader and coach for the students and will help the project team for implementation of the project activities in a systematic manner, upon the agreed procedures and team based participatory approach.
- Work jointly with the help of the project team and will attend all the activities to guide and motivate the students and participants of the sport events for improvement of their leadership skills, physical and mental health, tolerance level, sportsmanship, level of absorption, positive competition, following rules and regulation and doing the sport events in an organized manner.
- Keep the Program Manager and management informed about her/his performance and involvement in project activities.
- Be responsible for the development of work plan (weekly, monthly) with the help of project manager and follow the plan on regular basis.
- Document the change, improvement (both positive and negative) in the attitude and behavior of the contestants of the sport events after her/his assistance for improvement.
- Monitor and supervise the event in terms of physical and mental health improvement, tolerance level, following the rules at the time of any conflict arise due to losing the game or match.
- Facilitate and assist the team to include the aspects in the games to improve the leadership skills, tolerance, and discipline during the game.
- Facilitate the players during the sport events to follow the game rules, and improve the tolerance level for others. To assist the players to improve their physical and mental health through sport events.
- Help to resolve any kind of conflict and disputes among the players during the games through facilitation and different psychological techniques.
2. Required qualifications & experience:
- Master degree in an area that is related to the project objectives, with a focus on a relevant field (preferably Educational Psychology from a reputed university)
- At least 4 - 5 years’ professional experience in a similar position with some managerial responsibilities.
- Consultation, evaluation, intervention, prevention, research and planning
- Behavioral and academic difficulties solving knowledge
- Excellent assessment skills
- Communications and representational experience is desirable
- English and Local Languages: Fluency oral and written
3. Personal skills:
- The ability to relate to children and young adults
- Ability to cope with emotional situations
- Excellent listening
- Observational skills
- Verbal communication skills
- Empathy and rapport
Submit your detailed CV along with the Employment Application Form and Employment Application Form 2 available on ABKT website (http://abkt.org/cms/content/172) at email@example.com latest by 6:00 pm, 03 October, 2014.
Please mention position applied for in the subject-line of email.
Local candidates (eligible) of Hazara Division will be given preference.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for test/interview.
No TA/DA is applicable for test/interview.
Note: Women are encouraged to apply. Knowledge of local language and culture is desirable